If you do not verify your identity as part of registration, you can return and complete this at a later time by selecting 'ID Check' located in the top right corner of the platform.
To successfully complete your identification check, you will need to take a photo of a valid government-issued photo ID, e.g. passport, driving licence, and a picture of your face.
These checks are solely to verify your identity, are not a credit check and will not be visible on your credit record.
Some tips to ensure the identity verification goes smoothly:
- Take a clear photo of your identity document, where every single detail is readable without any blur
- Take the photos somewhere brightly lit
- Turn flash off to avoid glare on your documents
- Make sure the details on your Kuflink profile match the details on your legal document, i.e. Thomas not Tom where applicable
- Make sure that your legal document has at least 3 months validity remaining
- Do not take a photo of a picture containing your ID
Examples of how your proof of identity documents should be uploaded:
EU ID Card
In most cases we can verify your ID within minutes, we’ll email you as soon as it is confirmed.
What if I do not have the relevant ID or my passport has expired?
Most investors use their driving licence or passport to verify their ID, although there are some alternatives we can accept. The full list is as follows:
- Current signed passport
- Original birth certificate
- EEA member state identity card
- Current UK or EEA photocard driving licence
- Full old-style driving licence
- Photographic registration cards for self-employed individuals in the construction industry – CIS4
- Benefit book or original notification letter from the Benefits Agency
- Firearms or shotgun certificate
- Residence permit issued by the Home Office to EEA nationals on sight of own country passport
- National identity card bearing a photograph of the applicant
Please be aware that alternative ID documents will need to be manually checked and so the verification process may take a little longer.
Why does Kuflink require annual verification when other platforms I invest with do not?
It is up to each platform to decide how they interpret anti-money laundering regulations. In our view, given that an investors’ personal details and/or status may have changed significantly in the years since they first signed up with us, annual verification is an effective way to ensure we meet our security obligations.
The penalties for failing to implement sufficient AML procedures are severe and have the potential to affect the entire platform, so we’ve taken the decision to be safe rather than sorry.
What happens if I do not verify my ID?
We can only accept investment from customers who have successfully completed their AML check.
You will have 30 days to verify your ID from when you are notified to do so. Our Investor Relations team are more than happy to help you successfully complete the process if you have any issues.
I do not have access to a camera or a scanned copy of my ID, in this instance what can I do?
If you are unable to verify your identity as you do not have the relevant documents, please get in touch with the Investor Relations team who will advise on next steps.
Why have I been locked out of my account with no access to my funds?
Some investors may be temporarily unable to access their funds, however we are working to resolve this as a priority. If you have been affected, please try again later and get in touch if the problem persists.
Why is my account showing a pending status?
A pending status indicates that you have submitted your details and our third-party AML provider is currently reviewing them.